Conferences and Seminars
SACM encourages graduate students to participate in conferences and seminars related to their major field of study at the rate of one conference per degree and with prior approval from the mission.
Conferences in the USA & Canada
For approval, students are required to submit the following documents:
- Written request (it has to be related to his/her major field of study)
- A letter from their academic advisor at the school supporting the request.
- The conference brochure
- If submitting a paper, a copy of the approval letter.
SACM will cover the following costs:
- One month basic salary for students pursuing their Masters degree and two months for doctoral students. (once per degree)
- Registration fees.
- Round trip ticket.
- For those Saudi students who submit a paper, an additional one month basic salary is awarded if the student is the sole author of the paper. In the case that , the paper is written with a coauthor the award will be shared equally provided that a report in Arabic be submitted to SACM.