Dear All: Increasingly, business organizations must deal with multiple ethnic
groups with very different cultures. Thanks to globalization, you will find yourself
working with people from different cultures with different ways to deal with daily
issues in a variety of ways including
- Different ways of looking at things
- Different ways of dressing
- Different ways of expressing personality goodness
- Different ways of communicating and following instructions.
Since SACM started placing physicians in residency programs, and with extreme hard work from our part to place a physician, we have being experiencing increasing incidents of doctors being dismissed from medical programs for violation of ethical conduct, due to miscommunication and misunderstanding of the cultural differences which can lead in most cases to unforgivable mistakes in dealing with patients, or the medical staff. We, in SACM, consider this a huge loss for our resources and lost opportunity for the doctor and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Therefore we would like to emphasize the following guidelines that we hold all physicians responsible to abide to and respect during his training in any medical institution:
- Respect work hours and schedules
- Respect the privacy of the patients
- Complete submission to the rules and regulations of the hospital
- Follow instruction of your superior without arguing or discussing alternatives.
- Maintain the dress code and the normal overall appearances to fit in.
- Be friendly, respectful and polite to your peers, staff, and patients.
Remember that your journey to the USA is to get the training that you need and to return to your country to serve your people. We in SACM are not in position to interfere or defend you when any violation occur and you solely will bear all the consequences including losing your scholarship.
We wish you all the success that you deserve in achieving your educational and professional goals.