SACM sponsors scholars enrolled in all academic fields of dentistry from pre‐dental and graduate dental students to postgraduate training and dental hygiene. 20% of scholars in the department are enrolled in a dental related field. The majority of the dental scholars are enrolled/seeking enrollment in postgraduate dental training programs.
In the past, Medical students did not have a department specifically designed to address their needs. The Medical field in the United States is one of the best systems in the world, and it requires a very high level of dedication and discipline. The Medical Residency Programs was established to better channel our Medical Students into Residency rotations and Research and Fellowship Programs. Teaching hospitals work on a highly structured calendar for application review, interview, and acceptance base on the specific requirements of each hospital.
- Bachelor's Degree in pre‐dental, dental hygiene and lab technology.
- Postgraduate training (Residency)*
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Internship, fellowship and research programs
The Medical & Health Sciences Programs Department offers the following:
- Advises scholars throughout the period of their study in the USA.
- Assists and supports scholars during their application process.
- Establishes agreements with schools in the US to facilitate the enrollment of the scholars in the desired programs.
- Supports master's and doctoral students’ research.
- Encourages scholars to publish their research in scientific journals, attending and present their research at scientific conferences
Admission Requirements for Dental Residents/ Fellows:
- Personal Statement
- Three recommendation letters
- Financial Guarantee from SACM or a Letter for Admissions Purposes ONLY
- ECE or WES Transcript Evaluation
- NBDE Scores (preferred)- Mandatory for OMFS (Oral and Maxillofacial surgery)
- GRE (optional)