Medical candidates interested in applying for electives may visit this site: http://services.aamc.org/eec/students/
Elective / Observership Opportunities
In order to facilitate your interests, please be aware of the following while applying to elective positions:
1. Applicants to hospitals should be final year medical students
2. Candidates must provide SACM with a Financial Guarantee
SACM will not be accountable for any coverage of finances in regards to tuition and monthly allowances for those enrolling into elective programs.
Elective courses are for final year medical students only, and that students must apply at least 3 months before the start of their selected course. The list below are names of affiliated institutions with SACM. This list may help you while browsing for rotations:
- George Washington University, Washington DC
- International Clinical Electives
- Observer Training
- West Virginia University, West Virginia
Tropical Medicine Course
- Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, Texas
- University of the Sciences Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- NOVA Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Tufts University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- INOVA Health System, Fairfax, Virginia
- University of Illinois in Chicago
- University of Nebraska, Omaha
- Chicago Medical Training Center
- NIH Clinical Center
American Medical Clinical AMC:
American Medical Clinical helps international medical students and graduates navigate the process of successfully landing U.S. clinical rotations and passing the USMLE. AMC offers a suite of services to support students and graduates every step of the way on their journey to match in their desired U.S. residency program.
• Clinical Rotations (IM, Peds, Psych, FM, Surgery, OBGYN, ER, and all medical/surgical subspecialties)
• Externship Program (3 months inpatient)
• Letters of Recommendations
• Road to Residency (CV, Personal Statement and Residency Interview Workshops, ERAS Application Guidance and Assistance in selecting IMG Friendly Residency Programs)
• USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK Board Review Courses (live online for one on one, small, and large groups)
• Visa Assistance
• Housing Assistance
AMC is committed to producing optimal quality students and graduates by exposing them to the highest caliber of healthcare professionals. Clinical rotations are offered in nine different states (CT, MD, NJ, NY, FL, DC, VA, IL, and GA).
Please contact Dr. Jawad Saade, VP of Clinical Affairs, for more information.
Cell Phone: (313) 515-7457
Email: [email protected]
For more details click here
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute:
• For last year medical students
• observational clinical attachment
• the training program provides students with:
- Observation in clinics.
- shadow clinical mentor to Improve patients’ communication skills and clinical skills
- Exposure to a US. Hospital functioning environment.
- Participation in clinical training simulation
- Learning clinical reasoning and professionalism
- Attending program seminars
• 1-2 Month training
• Earn credits from home medical
• Contact person: Dr.Rami Azrak. E-mail: [email protected]
- The Research Skills Development Course at Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health
This year the course will start on Monday June 8 and extend to July 11.
Scott J. N. McNabb, Ph.D., M.S.
Email: [email protected]
Research Professor | Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health
Managing Partner | Public Health Practice, LLC
Senior Consultant | Global Strategies, LLC