The scholar must complete his studies in the period assigned to him in his scholarship order which is sufficient for the student to obtain the academic degree. However, there are exceptional and legitimate cases wherein the student is unable to complete his studies during the period assigned him for reasons not resulting from negligence. In this case the student must submit an application for extension accompanied with the required documents within five months before the expiration of his scholarship so that the cultural mission can send his application to his sponsor in a suitable time to guarantee that his scholarship and allowances are not interrupted.
Requirements for an Extension
- Delay of the Scholarship must be caused by circumstances beyond his control.
- The extension must be for the continuation of his/ her studies in the major assigned to him/her.
- His cumulative average must not be below 2 points out of 4 points if he is an undergraduate and 3 points out of 4 points for the postgraduate
Documents to be provided for an Extension:
- A letter from the student explaining the reasons for his request for an extension.
- A new transcript should be provided.
- A letter from his university advisor showing his academic status and the credit hours required for graduation, along with the anticipated date of graduation, including his recommendation for extension and the exact period of the extension.